As always you may call to request help with any questions regarding Medicare.
This year there are many changes. Less benefits, and more out of Pocket, so please read your Renewal Policies very carefully.
The worst time to find out that your plan is not right for you is when you actually need it.
Below are some helpful hints and important information about Medicare if you are doing it on your own.
MEDICARE DRUG PLAN ENROLLMENT
Medicare Annual Enrollment Period October 15th-December 7th
This is any Medicare recipients opportunity to change or enroll in drug plans, and any Medicare Health plans.
*If enrolling during AEP (Oct 15th -Dec 7th) YOU MUST BE ENROLLED BY DEC 7TH 11:59 PM
YOUR NEW PLAN WILL HAVE A START DATE OF 1/1/15*
Everyone enrolled in a Medicare Drug Plan SHOULD (it is not mandatory) run your prescriptions through the Medicare.gov site EVERY YEAR to ensure that you are in the most cost effective plan for the following year.
*AFTER RESEARCHING THROUGH MEDICARE.GOV, your plan IS STILL THE BEST FIT FOR YOU IN THE NEW YEAR, YOU DO NOT HAVE TO CHANGE YOUR PLAN.
Your current plan will automatically renew, and continue your coverage for the new year at the new price points*
*Your plan premium, copays, and deductible can and may change every yer*
**ENROLLMENT IN YOUR NEW DRUG PLAN AUTOMATICALLY DIS-ENROLLS YOU FROM YOUR OLD PLAN***
*You do not call or write a cancellation letter.
YOUR OLD PLAN COVERS YOU THRU DECEMBER 31st Midnight
YOUR NEW PLAN AUTOMATICALLY STARTS JANUARY 1st.
You must give your NEW drug plan card to your pharmacy/mail-order company.
*If you are new to Medicare YOUR DRUG PLAN WILL START THE 1ST DAY OF THE MONTH AFTER YOU APPLY FOR THE COVERAGE*
You can call us if you need help.
Step by step instruction how to enroll yourself using MEDICARE.GOV
1) Go to MEDICARE.GOV
**VERY IMPORTANT**THIS IS THE SPECIFIC SITE FOR MEDICARE
ANY OTHER SITE WILL GENERATE SALES CALLS
In your search engine it will appear as,
*Medicare.gov: the official U.S. government site for Medicare*
2) Click on DRUG COVERAGE/PART D (blue tab across top of page)
3) Click on dropped down choice FIND HEALTH AND DRUG PLANS
4) Enter your Zip Code
5) How do you get your Medicare coverage? select ORIGINAL MEDICARE
6) Do you get help from Medicare? select I DON”T GET ANY EXTRA HELP
7) Click CONTINUE TO PLAN RESULTS
8) ENTER ALL DRUGS
9) Entering your drugs will create a DRUG LIST ID AND PASSWORD (this is in a box to the right of your screen) WRITE ID AND PASSWORD DOWN
This is your saved drug list and you can be pull your list up anytime with this info.
10) click CONTINUE
11) Choose 1 OR MORE RETAIL PHARMACIES ..COPAYS CAN BE HUGELY DIFFERENT at each pharmacy. You should compare all local pharmacies to ensure you are paying the lowest cost.
*YOU CAN AND SHOULD KEEP GOING BACK TO THE CHOOSE PHARMACY SCREEN TO SWITCH OUT THE PHARMACIES*
12) Click CONTINUE
13) Summary of search results, click PRESCRIPTION DRUG PLANS WITH ORIGINAL MEDICARE
14) Click CONTINUE
15) You will now see THE TOP MOST AFFORDABLE DRUG PLANS MEDICARE OFFERS BASED ON YOUR SPECIFIC DRUGS
16) CLICK ON THE PLAN NAME TO VIEW THE ENTIRE BREAKDOWN OF THE PLAN.
**Click on EACH pharmacy name and mail-order to view the specific copays associated with each location (THEY CAN BE HUGLEY DIFFERENT)
This will help you determine the most affordable pharmacy or determine if mail-order is your most affordable option***
17) NOTE: The ANNUAL COST (the $ amount you will see after you create your list) includes ALL COPAYS, PLAN MONTHLY PREMIUM, and the DEDUCTIBLE (if there is one)
*It is very important to go over the breakdown page, you may find some drugs have $0 copy or will bypass the upfront deductible depending on the pharmacy you use.**
18) Click ENROLL you will follow all instructions for enrollment in your new plan.
***IF YOU PREFER OR DO NOT HAVE COMPUTER ACCESS YOU CAN CALL MEDICARE (800) 633-4227 *** 24 hours 7 days per week
YOU CAN BE ENROLLED OVER THE PHONE.
YOU WILL NEED THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION FOR EITHER ENROLLMENT;
1) Medicare Card
2) Comprehensive list of your drugs
THIS PROCESS CAN BE TIME CONSUMING. BE PREPARED TO WAIT ON HOLD AND HAVE TIME AVAILABLE TO COMPLETE ENROLLMENT
THE ONLINE ENROLLMENT PROCESS CAN BE SLOW. THE MEDICARE.GOV WEBSITE WILL BE SLOWED DOWN WITH SO MANY FOLKS ON AT THE SAME TIME. WITH YOUR SAVED DRUG LIST ID AND PASSWORD YOU CAN FINISH ENROLLMENT IN MORE THAN 1 VISIT.
**I recommend calling or visiting the website after 6PM for shortest hold/delay time**
Please send us your thoughts and comments, and forward this on to anyone who may find this helpful.